Behold, the angriest shortbread ever. Forget thumbprint cookies and make an angry balled fist instead!
1. Make a recipe for lemon rosemary shortbread you found on Pinterest.
2. Have it come out too crumbly, so wrap it in log shapes and refrigerate like you would normally do with shortbread.
3. Wake up the next morning to find no progress in the texture.
4. Furiously mash piles of shortbread dough together in your palm. Emphasis on the furiously.
5. Bake for twice the time in the original recipe until they look golden around the edges.
6. Let cool and enjoy!
But really, give this a recipe a shot. Even though it didn’t quite work out for me perfectly, they were still delicious and were a great addition to my chicken salad sandwiches for my beach picnic way back last summer.
2 cups of unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
1 lemon zested
2 Tbs. fresh rosemary, chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy and white using a hand mixer or stand mixer.
3. Add your lemon zest and rosemary and mix until incorporated.
4. Add your flour and mix until incorporated.
5. Pat out the dough into a ½ inch rectangle and cut into your desired shapes.
6. Place onto a cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned.